One hundred years of good times and great food.
The Palms Carpinteria has long been known for their great atmosphere, mouth-watering steaks you can cook yourself and famous salad bar with delicious croutons. What many people might not know is that The Palms has been around for over a hundred years…
Libations at the “joint” signaled fun time amount Carpinteria locals when The Palms was the only beer bar in town. Build as a hotel at the turn of the century, the structure was an early centerpiece for community activity. Part of the building housed the town bank and post office, assuring a brisk business.
The Carpinteria Chronicle, February 23, 1933
Sunday Dinner for 65 cents
The Palms Menu Cover 1949
The Palms Dinner Menu 1949
The Palms Bar Menu 1949
The Palms Bar Menu 1949 back
In 1968, when Kenneth and Sue Anderson tool ownership and introduced the new-fangled idea, the place really started buzzing. Anderson, who bought the business from his parents Beata and August (former owners of the Montecito Inn), installed an 18″ grill and invited guests to test their own cooking skills. The little 18″ grill was replaced by two 36″ grills and a mountain of gas-fried lava rocks to cook the premium meats.
The Palms today
Today, brothers Bill and Todd Bennett continue their family commitment to quality at a value running the business locally while being active members of the community.